30.11.12

Law breaking law enforcers


I went to report the theft of my computer, camera and personal goods to the police today. I was lucky enough that one of the policemen offered to come to my house to inspect the scene of the crime. To get to my house, i had to pay for  the transportation cost.

After inspecting my house, the officer asked his protege to take a photo for their records - I was asked again to pay a substantial amount for this 'service'.

Incidentally, i needed to use the bathroom while i was waiting at the station and i was offered just the ground behind the station as the toilet! When i refused this, they took me to their toilet but i was unable to use it because it was absolutely DISGUSTING! It took 3 days for me to recover from that experience. I am even more committed now to raise the flag for adequate sanitation in Ghana but i can see that the task is enormous :(

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Has A Story - This is Ours

Saying NO to Single-Use Plastic