5.12.12

EduAfrique going on Ghana Radio

Given the lack of public sanitation facilities in Ghana, EduAfrique is going on radio to speak out against this shameful situation. The radio station is called Nhyira fm and I went in today to find out the costs involved. I will pass on the details once it's finalised. I asked to use the bathroom when i went in to the office and i was shown another disgusting back-of -the -building slot.
......I get it now, for my own sanity, I will refrain from asking for public toilets.

I don't think that I've mentioned this, but data collected at the first workshop at Asamang SDA showed that only 20% of the kids had toilets in their homes - the rest of them rely on public facilities. This situation is probably not so bad in the villages where people are not so crowded, but in the cities, if the same percentage of people have personal toilets, then this is a public health disaster!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everyone Has A Story - This is Ours

Saying NO to Single-Use Plastic